[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
DirkSoft TomTomGo • View topic - Broken Sucker mount

Broken Sucker mount

Moderators: DirkSoft Moderators, DirkSoft Administrators

Broken Sucker mount

Postby Bearded One » Sat Apr 21, 2007 19:03

My TTGO 510 fell off the screen the other day. The moulding where the sucker fits over the locking mechanism had broken. I'm currently waiting for the replacement that TomTom has sent to me. Has anyone else had this problem? The unit was 8 months old and had the latest type mount, by the way.
Mac
Bearded One
Poster
Poster

Postby Nigel129 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 09:25

Nigel129
TT700 & Nokia 7210
Nigel129
Poster
Poster

Postby clive_t » Thu Jan 31, 2008 13:23

I had the same thing happen to mine about 9 months after I bought it. The bits have spent from then until today gathering dust in a drawer.

This morning I decided to have a go at repairing it - by drilling a 3mm diameter hole down the middle of the plastic post, then carefully drilling through the centre of the rubber sucker. A 1/2-inch self-tapping screw (flat-headed!) with a washer was pushed through the rubber and screwed into the plastic post.

If necessary, I am prepared to apply some bathroom sealant to the area around the screwhead, to effect an air-tight seal. Early tests (ie I've stuck it to my dining-room window!) indicate a successful repair, however I still need to give it a proper road test. I will report my findings later...

Cheers

Clive
clive_t
Poster
Poster

Postby Rugrat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 17:27

So your dining room window is now "arriving at its destination"...... :wink:

Rugrat

Postby clive_t » Thu Jan 31, 2008 18:16

clive_t
Poster
Poster